Monday, August 8, 2011

An Explanation

When most people think of art they think of beautiful things. Not all art is beautiful according to everyone, but then again, nothing is or ever will be. Throughout time the direction of art as been steered by the taste of the majority of the population. Artists need to make a living and have always (like any business person) done anything to keep the customer happy.

I'm sick of this. For me, art is about developing a skill, but it seems like art in recent years dismiss ability and praise anything new. We live in a world flooded by information - so many things have been done that is seems as though there is so little left to discover. That is actually a silly thing to say as, logically, the more things exist, the more combinations of objects are possible and thus there will always be something new to invent or discover.

Getting back to the point - this blog is for my development as an artist. It will record everything, from my great successes to my darkest failures and everything in between. Hopefully this blog and it's contents will help me look at myself in a new light as I search for a rebirth in art in society as well as in myself.

N.

No comments:

Post a Comment