Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Forgetfull - A project quark update

Ranting on this blog made it easier to get through the horror-turned-success that was my sculpture project see this post to read about the 'horror' part. I never updated on how it actually went. It was great, my friends pitched in and helped a lot, setting up the gazebo thing, making ads on main campus and urging people to join in. About 40 people did participate, I was hoping for 20 - 25.

It got quite overwhelming at one stage, I was inside welding pieces to the sculpture (a friend and I were taking turns, thanks Tamryn!) while one of my other friends was outside manning the free lemonade stand we has set up. Even the weather was on my side, it was a really hot day and people would do anything for some lemonade.

In the end I got 77%. And I'm proud. Could not have done this without the people that helped me and I really owe them.

The project has a blog: http://projectquark.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment