Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Press Hard. Cut Deep. Don't keep it at an angle.

I've learnt a lot about myself today. It's strange how you go through life trying to figure out who you are and where you're supposed to fit in and suddenly, the moment you stop trying, it just fits.

I don't know what 'it' is or how to find it, but I'll probably be out of place again tomorrow. I needed this day, a day of clarity. These past few weeks it felt like I had no goal, no path and no tools. I wanted to sleep and get it all over with. Right now, however, I want to achieve things. I want to be great. I feel like I owe it to myself and my parents to try. This probably makes no sense to anyone but me. That doesn't matter though. In the end, if it matters to me, it will matter to other people.

It's a strange feeling; to fight for your life against yourself. Today, I've won.


I've come to a realisation that art is the embodiment of a person's soul, desires and traits. When I started this blog, I wanted to see a rebirth in the general art world. Little did I know that I actually wanted to find my art. Art that says " 'This is me' and if you don't like it then you can leave". I want to be admired. I don't care how vain that sounds. I want to be remembered and I will be.

In a week or two I'll probably read this and wonder what I was thinking.

I want to start living now.
I'm going to work hard and earn my keep.
Screw anyone that gets in my way.
I want to help people get where I'm going.
Bad influences DO exist.
Get rid of them, they're not worth your confidence.

From The Monologuist

No comments:

Post a Comment